Using My Health Record from within a local Clinical Information System (CIS)
These videos provide instruction for healthcare professionals using My Health Record from within a local Clinical Information System (CIS).
Open a resource listed below to view a video on using a function within a Clinical Information System (CIS).
The medicines information view can quickly sort and display the medicines information that is held in a patient’s My Health Record documents. This information is sorted in either date or alphabetical order.
The information in the medicines information view is gathered from:
- the patient’s most recent (and up to two years’) prescription and dispense records and other PBS claims information
- the patient’s most recent shared health summary and discharge summary
- recent event summaries, specialist letters and e-Referral notes uploaded to the patient’s record since their latest shared health summary, and
- the patient’s personal health summary that may include any allergies or adverse reactions and other key information
Open the resource listed below to view a video on how a clinician can access the medicines view within My Health Record using their preferred clinical software.
Upload a Shared health summary
The shared health summary represents the patient's health status at a point in time. Shared health summaries can be created at any consultation, and may include information about a patient's medical history, including:
- Medical conditions
- Allergies and adverse reactions
The most recently uploaded shared health summary in a patient's My Health Record is likely to be the first document accessed by any other healthcare professional viewing a patient's My Health Record. A shared health summary can only be authored/created by a patient’s nominated healthcare provider (as defined in the My Health Records Act 2012). Another employee in the organisation can upload the document on behalf of the author/creator.
Open the resource listed below to view a video on how a clinician can upload a Shared Health Summary to My Health Record using their preferred clinical software.
This video demonstrates how healthcare professionals can access a patient’s My Health Record through the National Provider Portal or NPP.
The video covers
- Registering and logging into the NPP with a PRODA account.
- Linking an HPI-I identifier to the My Health Record system
- Selecting a Health Care Provider
- Searching and accessing a patient's My Health Record
- How to view key information including
- Clinical documents,
- Medicine Records,
- Consumer documents,
- Child development,
- Medicare Records and Advanced Care Plan
- Search for a document
Open the resource listed below to view the video.